|Jacket testing in a stormy day on Mammoth. Scott Sinner photo.|
Indeed the Palisade Traverse is fading into the past, but certain exciting follow-ups still deserve mention.
- Ian and I made "The Bishop Buzz"
- And we got an article on Elevation Outdoors
- And an article on climbing.com
- This just came to light as I was putting this post together, but we made it to OutsideOnline also.
- And more press is possibly in the works...
I've recently acquired 4 new jobs. Yes, four.
- The oldest of the new jobs, though not by long, is reviewing gear for Sage To Summit.
- Next, I have begun making paid field observations for the Eastern Sierra Avalanche Center
- Thirdly, I have a paid position reviewing gear for OutdoorGearLab.com
- Finally, I will be working as a "Guest Guide" for Exum Mountain Guides in Wyoming. I'm pretty stoked about all of these things, but this latter-most has perhaps the greatest potential. I'll make periodic customized trips to the Tetons and Wind River Ranges of Wyoming to work for Exum. If you are interested in booking a trip with me to those areas, we can now work that out.
I was interviewed for an article on artofmanliness.com
- Check out my words and thoughts here
And, last but not least, I have been presented with an amazing opportunity.
- My friends Janelle and Mark Smiley are on an ambitious quest. Basically, they're going to the mountains and bringing back inspiration. I recommend checking out their Kickstarter campaign and contributing what you can. If they reach their highest goal, they'll take me along to help with their Alaskan adventure this spring!
- Find their Kickstarter campaign at this link.