|A beautiful, dry-winter trip to the Palisades in February.|
- 50 trips exactly.
- 104 days (132 guiding days in the whole year. I also worked substitute teaching 33 days)
- 26 of the trips were single day outings
- 6 were 2-day trips
- 11 were 3 days long
- 7 trips were 4 days or more
- 9 trips were on skis
- 14 were front-country rock climbing oriented
- 1 trip was backpacking
- 3 trips were ice climbing (The bulk of the Ice season is January and February...)
- And the remainder (23 trips) were alpine climbing of some sort
|A "hanging Chad"|
- On 32 trips I described the weather as "clear and sunny"
- 39 trips began with some sort of objective in mind (summit, specific route, etc)
- On 28 of those we accomplished what we set out to do.
- On 3 of those "successful" trips, I noted that we accomplished everything we set out to do, and then something more.
- On the 21 trips labeled education, measurement of the degree of accomplishment is far more subjective.
- 21 of the 50 trips were with returning clients.
- Purely anecdotal, but I have to call 2012 "The Year of the GoPro". On more than half the trips this year there was some sort of Point-of-View camera.
|Little kids love climbing!|